Get Loved up for Valentines Day!
Real life fellas have a lot to live up to if their partner is a bibliophile! We may constantly compare them with the love-interests in the novels we read. I have a full blown crush on Eric Northman (the sexy vampire who is Sookie Stackhouse's on/off boyfriend in Charlaine Harris' vampire novels), but I also nominate these page-turning hotties: Try my favourite high-brow & dignified heroes like Fitzwilliam Darcy, Will Traynor, Jay Gatsby or some gritty action heroes who show no fear, like Jack Reacher, Matthew Clairmont or Ranger - it's no wonder our poor guys fall short.
Here's a list of some of the most romantic books I've read:
- Eleanor & Park : Rainbow Rowell
- The Girl you Left Behind : Jojo Moyes
- The One You Really Want : Jill Mansell
- Sense & Sensibility : Jane Austen
- Twilight : Stephanie Meyer
- Love, Rosie (Where Rainbows End) : Celia Ahern
- Beautiful Creatures : Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
- Some Girls Do : Clodagh Murphy
- Shiver : Maggie Stiefvater
- Welcome to Temptation : Jennifer Crusie
Happy reading guys. Let me know what you think of my suggestions, and any new romantic heroes that I ought to be looking up!