Thursday 9 February 2017

Get Loved up for Valentines Day!  

Romantic Reads


Real life fellas have a lot to live up to if their partner is a bibliophile!  We may constantly compare them with the love-interests in the novels we read.  I have a full blown crush on Eric Northman (the sexy vampire who is Sookie Stackhouse's on/off boyfriend in Charlaine Harris' vampire novels), but I also nominate these page-turning hotties:  Try my favourite high-brow & dignified heroes like Fitzwilliam Darcy, Will Traynor, Jay Gatsby or some gritty action heroes who show no fear, like Jack Reacher, Matthew Clairmont or Ranger - it's no wonder our poor guys fall short.

Here's a list of some of the most romantic books I've read:


  • Eleanor & Park :  Rainbow Rowell
  • The Girl you Left Behind : Jojo Moyes
  • The One You Really Want : Jill Mansell
  • Sense & Sensibility : Jane Austen
  • Twilight : Stephanie Meyer
  • Love, Rosie (Where Rainbows End) : Celia Ahern
  • Beautiful Creatures : Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
  • Some Girls Do : Clodagh Murphy
  • Shiver : Maggie Stiefvater
  • Welcome to Temptation : Jennifer Crusie
Happy reading guys.  Let me know what you think of my suggestions, and any new romantic heroes that I ought to be looking up!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reading tips, I like a hero who has an edge of 'badness' or mystery to him - I'd choose Ranger from the Stephanie Plum books every time!

    ReplyDelete